Information Technology and Computer Literacy
- Department of Pedagogical and Psychological Studies
Students will learn how to adjust MS Excel user interface, to create, edit and format tables, enter basic as well as advanced formulas and functions (with economic and managerial applications); to understand and apply absolute / relative cell references, create and format charts. They will learn to work with databases in Excel and learn how to use the functions for searching, sorting data, using conditional formatting. Students will become familiar with multiple consolidation ranges, analyze external data source, as well as large spreadsheets or databases to create more complex types of graphs, create a PivotTable and graphs.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction to basic concepts of computer science, information infrastucture at CTU in Prague, Computer History, Information Society (e-learning, content distribution to the target users), the current paradigm of IT
2. Generation of computers, architecture, hardware
3. Software (SW)
4. Operating systems, installation, personification, work with OS Windows, system utilities (maintenance, backup and recovery), remote desktop, virtual private network (VPN); virtualization
5. Effectiveness of Information System, Cloud computing (development, distribution, application, examples)
6. Time management from the perspective of information technology (GTD, scheduling, sharing, workflow)
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.Basic of MS Excel 2010, User Interface
3.Formulas and Functions in MS Excel 2010
5.Working with Charts
6.Working with Databases
9.What-If Analysis, Solver
- Study Objective:
The goal of the course is to provide students with the basic overview of the world of information technologies. Succesfull graduates will get basic overview of the world of hardware, as well. Furhtermore, they will be able to work independently with MS Office Excel and use basic functions to create, tables, graph and analyze data.
- Study materials:
Lambert J. Cox J. MOS 2010 Study Guide for Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Press 2011.
Studijní opory Intranet MUVS: Andres P., Vaněček, D. Informační a komunikační technologie, počítačová gramotnost. ČVUT v Praze, 2010.
Brož, M. Microsoft Excel pro manažery a ekonomy. ComputerPress, Praha 2006. ISBN 978-80-251-1307-3.
Brož, M. Mistrovství v Microsoft Excel 2000. Computer Press, Praha 2000. ISBN 978-80-722-6270-0.
Jurák, Z a kol. Excel pro management, ekonomy a podnikatele. Computer Media, 2006. ISBN 80-86686-64-7.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: