Timber Structures 10
- Department of Steel and Timber Structures
The course is concerned with basic
requirements for mechanical resistance, serviceability,
durability and fire resistance of timber structures.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. History of timber structures.
2. Wood properties.
3. Structural timber.
4. Engineered timber products.
5. Limit states design.
6. Design of tension and compression members.
7. Design of bending members.
8. Members carrying combined actions.
9. Design of connections.
10. Planar and spatial timber structures.
11. Timber frame houses.
12. Timber bridges.
13. Fire resistance of timber structures.
14. Durability of timber structures, Transportation and erection.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Kuklík P.: Timber Structures 10, ČVUT Praha, 2002
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: