Optimization and Operations Research 10
- Department of Applied Informatics
An introduction to deterministic
optimization methodologies with the emphasis on linear
optimization; discrete and non-linear optimization including
algorithms and computations. Applications will be introduced as
appropriate in seminars.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction to Operations Research, System Modeling Principles.
2. Model Building in Linear Programming Models
3. Applications and Special Types of Mathematical Programming Model.
4. Graphical Solution of Linear Programming Model.
5. The Simplex Method.
6. Duality in Linear Optimization.
7. Sensitivity Analysis.
8. The Transportation Problem.
9. General Methods for Integer Programming.
10. Dynamic Optimization.
11. Non-linear Optimization.
12. System Approach to Problem Solving. Identification of Systems.
13. System Design of Socio-economic Systems.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Hillier, F.S., Lieberman, G.J.: Introduction to Operations Research. McGraw-Hill 2015
2. Taha, A.H.: Operations Research - An Introduction. Prentice Hall 2011
3. Newton, S.C, Sarker, A.R.: Optimization Modelling. A Practical Approach. CRC Press 2007
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: