French for Beginners Z5
- Zuzana Panáčková (guarantor)
- Department of Languages
All four skills acquired in FZ4 are further developed, as well as technical language. Students prepare a paper on a chosen popular science topic. They present it orally in the class. The general contents is covered by lessons 24 - 26 of the textbook: Pravda-Pravdova, French for Beginners, and is complemented from other materials.
Topics: on physics from lecture notes, success of French science and technology, information about France.
Grammar is systemized and complemented with syntax (subordinate clauses, typical conjunctions, subjunctive clauses, gerund, passive.
Lingustic knowledge and skills at level FZ4.
- Syllabus of lectures:
Topics, situations, functions: free time (expansion, summarization), requests, expansion of the topic „my school, my studies, branch, specialization“, success of French science in history.
Language structures: pronouns - expansion and summarization, irregular verbs - expansion and summarization, other cases of conjunctive, indirect question, abbreviation of subordinate clauses with infinitive, subordinate clauses and their conjunctions, passé simple (passively), compound tenses, expression of anteriority.
Specialized language: participle clauses, nominalization, gérund, present and past participle, passive
Papers, presentations: French scientists important in my branch, paper and presentation from the field of student´s future specialization .
The course covers lessons 24-26 of the textbook French for Beginners, lecture notes French for engineering students of FJFI and is complemented with some topics from Espace 2.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
The course is run as a series of seminars following the topics and scope of the syllabus mentioned above.
- Study Objective:
Knowledge of grammar is expanded and systemized, stress is put on structures typical of specialized, technical and science texts. Vocabulary is expanded mainly by specific expressions of mathematics, physics (chemistry). Pronunciation and orthography are developed together with new grammar and vocab.
Application of acquired knowledge in everyday communication and in more professional context, both in speaking and writing. Oral communication in everyday situations and on general topics, oral presentation on technical, popular science or students´ specialization topics. Reading for information, summary, discussion. Writing an application, CV.
Meeting the requirements for taking examination.
- Study materials:
Pravda-Pravdová: French for Beginners(Le francais pour vous), Leda, 2.vydání 2006
Z.Panáčková:French for Engineering students of FJFI, ČVUT 2002
Espaces II, Hachette, Paris 1990
Panorama II,Clé International, Paris 2004
Electronic lecture notes of the teacher
Dictionaries, handbooks, grammar tables, audio program,la Recherche journal, language classroom, the Internet
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- BS Matematické inženýrství - Matematické modelování (elective course)
- BS Matematické inženýrství - Matematická fyzika (elective course)
- BS Matematické inženýrství - Aplikované matematicko-stochastické metody (elective course)
- BS Matematická informatika (elective course)
- BS Informatická fyzika (elective course)
- BS Aplikace softwarového inženýrství (elective course)
- BS Aplikovaná informatika (elective course)
- BS jaderné inženýrství B (elective course)
- BS Jaderné inženýrství C (elective course)
- BS Dozimetrie a aplikace ionizujícího záření (elective course)
- BS Experimentální jaderná a částicová fyzika (elective course)
- BS Radiologická technika (elective course)
- BS Inženýrství pevných látek (elective course)
- BS Diagnostika materiálů (elective course)
- BS Fyzika a technika termojaderné fúze (elective course)
- BS Fyzikální elektronika (elective course)
- Bc Laser Technology and Instrumentation (elective course)
- BS Fyzikální technika (elective course)
- BS Jaderná chemie (elective course)