French for Beginners Z4
- Zuzana Panáčková (guarantor)
- Department of Languages
The course builds up on 04FZ3. Basic linguistic knowledge and skills are further developed. Oral communication and reading skills are practiced. The contents is roughly covered with lessons 19 - 23 of the textbook French for Beginners, and is expanded with topics and functions from other materials. Reading is developed from the lecture notes French for Engineering Students of FJFI. The course covers generals and specific topics: health- illness, sport, free time, environment, study, travelling in France, Paris, shopping, weather,
university in our country and in France, how to write CV, application, topics in mathematics, reading physics - mechanics, informatics, internet.
Linguistic knowledge and skills at level FZ3.
- Syllabus of lectures:
General topics: health and illness, sport, free time, environment, studies, travelling around France, Paris, shopping, weather, food, restaurant
Functions: invitation, accepting, polite refusal, excuse, liking, disliking, will, wish
Specific topics: comparing university and higher education in our country and in France, application for a study stay, for a job, mathematics, physics- mechanics, Internet, informatics
Language structures: object pronoun, double pronoun, adverbial y, en, relative pronoun, irregular plurals with nouns and adjectives, word formation, time expressions, past tense imparfait,
partitive pronoun, subjonctif
Paper and presentation on the topic: Internet, Preparing a holiday in France,
The scope is given by lessons 19 - 23 of the textbook: Pravda-Pravdová: French for beginners and is expanded with topics and functions from Espace 1, lessons 11, 12.
Technical languages is developed from the Lecture notes: French for Engineering Students of FJFI.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
The course is run as a series of seminars following the topics and scope of the syllabus mentioned above.
- Study Objective:
Knowledge of phonetics, morphology, syntax, lexis and orthography is further developed, systemized and extended.
Vocabulary is expanded by some topics from Mathematics and Physics. Pronunciation and orthography are developed in connection with new grammar and vocab.
Application of acquired knowledge in everyday communication and in more professional context, both in speaking and writing. Oral communication in everyday situations and on chosen topic, some of them subtechnical, popular science or specialized. Reading aloud as pronunciation practice, silent reading for information of general, popular science or technical text. Writing a letter, report/presentation, description, instruction for use.
Meeting the requirements for advance to a higher course.
- Study materials:
Pravda-Pravdová: French for Beginners(Le français pour vous), Leda, 2.vydání 2006
Z.Panáčková:French for Engineering students of FJFI, ČVUT 2002
Espaces I, Hachette, Paris 1990
Electronic lecture notes of the teacher
La Recherche journal
Dictionaries, handbooks, grammar tables, audio program, language classroom, the Internet
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- BS Matematické inženýrství - Matematické modelování (elective course)
- BS Matematické inženýrství - Matematická fyzika (elective course)
- BS Matematické inženýrství - Aplikované matematicko-stochastické metody (elective course)
- BS Matematická informatika (elective course)
- BS Informatická fyzika (elective course)
- BS Aplikace softwarového inženýrství (elective course)
- BS Aplikovaná informatika (elective course)
- BS jaderné inženýrství B (elective course)
- BS Jaderné inženýrství C (elective course)
- BS Dozimetrie a aplikace ionizujícího záření (elective course)
- BS Experimentální jaderná a částicová fyzika (elective course)
- BS Radiologická technika (elective course)
- BS Inženýrství pevných látek (elective course)
- BS Diagnostika materiálů (elective course)
- BS Fyzika a technika termojaderné fúze (elective course)
- BS Fyzikální elektronika (elective course)
- Bc Laser Technology and Instrumentation (elective course)
- BS Fyzikální technika (elective course)
- BS Jaderná chemie (elective course)