French for Advanced Students P1
- Zuzana Panáčková (guarantor)
- Department of Languages
04FP advanced course
The objective of this three-semester course is to improve and further develop communication in the French language in both written and oral form. Students will be able to communicate in social interaction and in academic, scientific and work environment. They will be able to use the language to transmit general and technical information and to solve problems.
The course builds on and further develops linguistic competence acquired at secondary school. Difficult grammar topics are repeated and expanded: subjonctif, passé composé-imparfait, pronouns. The following specific topics are covered: University studies in our country and in France, writing of transactional letters, CV, personal statement, request, answer to an advert, environmental issues, success of French science and technology, chosen topics from French regional culture, Paris.
Topics of specialization: mathematics, internet, physics, chemistry. Reading of technical and popular science texts, further work with these texts and interpretation.
B1 level according to SERR
- Syllabus of lectures:
Grammar topics: subjonctif, passé composé-imparfait, pronouns. Specific topics: University studies in our country and in France, writing of transactional letters, CV, personal statement, request, answer to an advert. Famous French scientists, geography of France, French culture. Topics of specialization: mathematics, internet, physics (chemistry). Reading of technical and popular science texts, further work with these texts and their interpretation.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
The course is run as a series of seminars following the topics and scope of the syllabus.
- Study Objective:
Knowledge of morphology, syntax, and lexis at the level appropriate to the course, namely: correct use of regular and irregular verb forms to express the present, past and future. Modality. Irregular plurals of nouns and adjectives, comparison, adverbs and pronouns. General, and specialized vocabulary of mathematics and physics is expanded.
Application of acquired knowledge in everyday communication and in more professional contexts: reading of general, popular science and technical texts, finding specific information, global understanding. Correct oral communication in social environment and situations typical of students´life, presentation on general, popular science or technical topic. Understanding spoken language ( dialogue, monologue, presentation) delivered at slower - normal speed. Writing of : CV, paper, transactional letter, instruction for use.
Meeting the requirements for advance to a higher level course.
- Study materials:
 Z.Panáčková, French for Engineering Students of FJFI, ČVUT 2002
Espaces I, Hachette, Paris 1990
Espaces II, Hachette, Paris 1990
Panorama 2, Clé International, Paris 2004
 Electronic lecture notes of the teacher
La Recherche journal
dictionaries, grammar handbooks, audio program, autocorrective exercises, language classroom, the Internet
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- BS Matematické inženýrství - Matematické modelování (elective course)
- BS Matematické inženýrství - Matematická fyzika (elective course)
- BS Matematické inženýrství - Aplikované matematicko-stochastické metody (elective course)
- BS Matematická informatika (elective course)
- BS Informatická fyzika (elective course)
- BS Aplikace softwarového inženýrství (elective course)
- BS Aplikovaná informatika (elective course)
- BS jaderné inženýrství B (elective course)
- BS Jaderné inženýrství C (elective course)
- BS Dozimetrie a aplikace ionizujícího záření (elective course)
- BS Experimentální jaderná a částicová fyzika (elective course)
- BS Radiologická technika (elective course)
- BS Inženýrství pevných látek (elective course)
- BS Diagnostika materiálů (elective course)
- BS Fyzika a technika termojaderné fúze (elective course)
- BS Fyzikální elektronika (elective course)
- Bc Laser Technology and Instrumentation (elective course)
- BS Fyzikální technika (elective course)
- BS Jaderná chemie (elective course)