Fundamentals of coordinate measuring
- Jan Šimota
- Jan Šimota
- Department of Machining, Process Planning and Metrology
The aim is to familiarize students with current issues of coordinate measurement in industrial production and to teach them the basics of measurement on coordinate measuring machines (CMMs). Students are acquainted with the construction of CMM probe systems with modern technology (touch and proximity) and measurement principles in 3D. Practically, then try creating a measurement plan for a given component in the Calypso software, including simulation of measurement and preparation of protocols.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Legal, Scientific and Industrial Metrology.
2. Coordinate metrology in practice, coordinate measuring principle, GPS.
3. Design of the CMM.
4. Sensor systems - tactile vs. optical, point measuring vs. scanning.
5. Acceptance and reverification tests of CMM.
6. Measurement System Analysis - MSA.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Geometrical Product Specifications.
2. Introduction to metrology software Calypso by Carl Zeiss.
3. Configuring the CMM, probing system and the individual sensors.
4. Preparation of measurement plan.
5. Part Alignment.
6. Definition of basic geometric elements and measured characteristics.
7. Strategies of measurement for individual elements.
8. Advanced measurement parameters depending on the requirements of measurement.
9. Simulation of measurement on CMM.
10. Protocol , graphical representation of measured characteristics of the CAD model.
11. Data Processing - capability evaluation of process Cp, Cpk and gauge Cg, Cgk.
12. Measurement System Analysis - GR & R method.
13. Measurement System Analysis - Evaluation.
- Study Objective:
To learn the students basics of measurement on CMM.
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: