E-Health and E-Government
- Department of Biomedical Informatics
The course introduces students to e-health systems and e-health economy, to e-government, its foundations and principles and data protection in the Czech Republic.
The course is not strictly divided into lectures and seminars, most of the topics will be discussed in blocks. Therefore, student participation is mandatory in both lectures and seminars. They are allowed a maximum of two absences during the semester.
The course is ended with classified assessment. Evaluation will be based on:
1) short report (text document around 10 pages) which will have 3 parts:
a) comparison of e-health systems in Czech Republic and in your country;
b) comparison of e-government systems in CR and in your country;
c) comparison of personal data protection again in CR and in your country.
2) oral presentation on the last lesson about your work (around 20-25 minutes).
- Syllabus of lectures:
1) Introduction to electronic healthcare documentation
2) Introduction to IS security; Identification, Authentication, Authorization, passwords, biometrics 3) Introduction to eHealth and eHealth economy
4) Approaches (Interactional, Technological, Aplicational) to eHealth
5) Specificities of health economics; eHealth Evaluation
6) eHealth in the Czech Republic; ePrescription
7) eHealth in the Czech Republic; ePACS
8) Introduction to e-Government, E-government principles
9) E-government systems in Czech Republic, CzechPoint, EGON, Klaudie
10) E-government systems in Czech Republic, Databoxes, Governmental portal
11) Basic Registers: Register of inhabitants, Register of persons (companies), Register of territorial identification, addresses and real estates, Register of rights and responsibilities of public authorities
12) Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the Protection of Personal Data
13) Personal data protection in Czech Republic in comparison with another counties
14) Presentations; Assessment
- Syllabus of tutorials:
At seminars will be discussed topics from the lectures, using appropriate technology and examples from practice. Some exercises will be carried out as individual work of students.
- Study Objective:
The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the basic principles of e-Government and e-Health. The aim is to educate students to be able to focus on the issues and monitor its development.
- Study materials:
Basic Registers: http://www.szrcr.cz/
CzechPOINT: http://www.czechpoint.cz/web/ (in Czech)
- Further information:
- http://kbi.fbmi.cvut.cz/moodle kurz "E government + e health"
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: