Desig of Car Bodies and Frames
- Jan Baněček (guarantor)
- Jan Baněček (guarantor)
- Department of Automotive, Combustion Engine and Railway Engineering
Types of vehicle body, basics of composition, parts of body design, components and accessories. Design and legislative. Methodology of body design. Initial design of body strength and elasticity
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. General remarks and basics concepts, relation project - design - technology, Surfaces form geometrical and technological point of view. Detail presentation of the real project.
2. Technology. Basics technological concepts of the vehicle body in relations with production amount. Materials for building vehicle body.
3. Vehicle body parts - I. Common types of vehicle bodies. Architecture of typical welded bodies for passenger cars, vans, truck cabs and buses.
4. Vehicle body parts - II, corrosion: Windows, glass, wipers. Lights and light-wipers. Packing, locks, hinges, struts. Corrosion: Basics physics of corrosion, design recommendations against corrosion.
5. Revision of aero dynamical principles: Luminary and turbulent flow, resistance and lift. Aero dynamical noise and splash. Internal aerodynamics of vehicle body, Air inputs and outputs, brake cooling. Aerodynamics of the fast cars.
6. Methodology of vehicle body design I : Design methodologies in common. Drivers workplace. Regulation, setup of Oscars, definition of seat adjusting, design off pedals
7. Methodology of vehicle body design II : Setting of the steering column, divers jacket, shifting space, elbow width. Plot of outlook planes, setup of the steering wheel and drivers seat.
8. Methodology of vehicle body design III: Design of wind sheet, setup of wipers, design of down wind sheet frame, Design of the A-column, preliminary dimensioning of the A column. Check of one-eye outlook and rearview mirrors. Design of the B-column, surface of operational range, outlook to instruments. Finalizing project. Discussion about methodology.
9. Initial design of body strength and elasticity I . Areas of computations: static, dynamic, fatigue, stiffness, natural frequencies. Fundamental loading cases of vehicle frames and bodies. FE computations, shell and beam models.
10. Initial design of body strength and elasticity II. Truss and beam element. Substitution of the shell body with beam model. Methods of computing and limitations of the beam model. Accuracy of the substitution.
11. Initial design of body strength and elasticity III: Details about substitution of the shell construction. Load cases for static computations, dimensioning of the structure.
12: Vehicle frames: Plane frames for passenger cars and trucks, design, computations, and examinations. Space frames and its well-known designs. Shell frames (steel, wood, composites, sandwiches )
13. Specials of vehicle body for buses with respect of regulation and technologies. Modern technologies of production laminates.
Application I. Demonstration of the introduced methodology to solve practical case.
14. Application I. (cont:) Demonstration of the introduced methodology to solve practical case.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
Apetaur, Hanke, Kejval, Rost, Karosérie Vydavatelství ČVUT 1985
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
Mon Tue FriroomT4:D1-266
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- 04 109 NSTI DLTT 2012 zaměření MV (compulsory course in the program)