Basic Equipment Design
- Department of Process Engineering
Basic methodology of process equipment design. Used materials and their properties. Corrosion and mechanical wear of process equipment, corrosion prevention. Equipment design from the technological point of view. Dimensioning of basic equipment parts - oscillation, pressure stress. Welding solutions - welding methods, weld types and their usage. Piping system calculations.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Classification of process equipment, specification of solved problems, examples.
2. Basic methodology of process equipment design.
3. Construction materials used for process equipment.
4. Corrosion and mechanical wear of process equipment. Anticorrosive protection.
5. Equipment design from the technological point of view.
6. Oscillation of one- and more-mass system on a shaft - eigenfrequencies. Balancing of rotating parts.
7. Pressure vessels - ČSN 690010.
8. Pressure vessels - ČSN 690010.
9. Welded constructions - welding methods, weld types, welding solutions.
10. Flanges and sealing.
11. Flanges and sealing.
12. Piping systems - temperature dilatation.
13. Piping systems - temperature dilatation.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Process equipment examples. Assignment of individual cases for solution.
2. Basic analysis of given process equipment.
3. Solution of the process part of the given equipment.
4. Solution of the energetic, control and support part of the given equipment.
5. Basic design of the given equipment (size, accessories, conceptual solution).
6. Dimensioning of the basic parts of the given equipment.
7. Oscillation of one- and more-mass system on a shaft - example solutions.
8. Example of pressure vessel calculation.
9. Welding solutions on process equipment.
10. Temperature dilatation in piping system.
11. Flanges - dimensioning and design.
12. Sealing and its dimensioning.
13. Final Presentation of individual works.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
Lukavský, J. Konstrukce a stavba aparátů. Praha: ČVUT, 1971.
Lukavský, J. Konstrukce výrobních zařízení. Praha: ČVUT, 1984.
Jaššo, I., Lukavský, J. Konstrukce aparátů. Praha: ČVUT, 1989.
Sigl, F. Zpracovatelské stroje. Praha: SNTL, 1992.
ČSN EN 13445-3
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- 03 103 NSTI PTE 2012 základ (compulsory elective course)