Biomass and Renewable Energy Sources
- Department of Energy Engineering
The course comprises from 1/3 of general survey of various renewable energy sources (wind , hydro, solar and geothermal power) and the other 2/3 are dedicated to origin, types properties and energy coversion technologies of biomass.
Knowledge of thermodynamics (or physical chemistry), fluid mechanics and chemistry according to bachelor level.
- Syllabus of lectures:
The course is divided into following consecutive sections:
- general RES introduction
- wind energy
- solar and geothermal energy
- biomass in general
- biomass as a fuel
- combustion of biomass
- gasification of biomass
- liquid fuels from biomass (pyrolysis, FAME, ethanol)
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Individual projects and presentations
- Study Objective:
The goal is to get knowledge of renewable energy sources application possibilities, to understand biomass as a fuel and to get knowledge about possible ways of biomass energy conversion technologies.
- Study materials:
No general literature for the whole course available. Materials will be provided during the course.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- 02 098 NSTI ENE 2012 základ (compulsory elective course)