Web Technology I (Web and Multimedia)
- The course cannot be taken simultaneously with:
- Programming in PHP (BI-PHP)
- Department of Software Engineering
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Fundamentals of the Internet, architecture of Internet applications, HTTP.  HTML.
4. Introduction to the XML standard, basic concepts and principles. XML and XSLT.
5. Graphics formats, color models. Video processing, tools, examples of their use.
6. 3D worlds on the web, VRML. Server-side web applications, tools and programming languages for creating dynamic content.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction to the environment, organization. Network basics.  HTML development.  CSS.
2. XML - DTD, validation.  XSLT. Graphics for the Web - GIMP.
- Study Objective:
After completing this module, students gain a professional-level ability to design and implement the complete presentation side of a web application.
- Study materials:
1. Harold, E. R., Means, W. S. ''XML in a Nutshell, Third Edition''. O'Reilly, 2004. ISBN 0596007647.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bc. Programme Informatics, Part -Time Form of Study, in Czech, Version 2015 - 2019 (VO)
- Bc Branch Security and Information Technology, Part-Time Form, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2019 (elective course)
- Bc.Branch WSI, Specialization Software Engineering, Part-Time Form, Versionverze 2015 - 2019 (elective course)