Fundamentals of Air Conditioning
- Department of Environmental Engineering
The basic information?s about air conditioning systems, humid air treatment, and construction and operation of air-conditioning equipment are presented in the subject.
The basic knowledge about buildings ventilation and humid air treatment.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction to air-conditioning (AC) systems
2. Thermal gains of air-conditioned buildings
3. Humid air and h-x diagram construction and use
4. The basic air treatments (h-x chart)
5. Design of singe duct one zone AC system
6. Het recovery in buildings AC
8. Low energy cooling of buildings
9. Control of AC systems
10. Basic design of water based and refrigerant based AC systems
11. Yearly energy consumption for building AC
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Thermal gains of air-conditioned buildings
Humid air and h-x diagram construction and use
The basic air treatments (h-x chart)
Design of singe duct one zone AC system
Het recovery in buildings AC
Yearly energy consumption for building AC
- Study Objective:
To become familiar with air conditioning systems and equipment, to be able design or operation the building air-conditioning.
- Study materials:
CHYSKÝ, J.; HEMZAl, K. a kol. Větrání a klimatizace. Technický průvodce. 3.vyd. Brno: BOLIT - B press, 1993. 490 s. ISBN 80-901574-0-8.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: