Introduction to Physics of Condensed Matter
- Department of Solid State Engineering
The purpose of this lecture is to introduce the undergraduate students to the study of the physical properties of solid state.
Knowledge of fundamentals of quantum mechanics and statistical physics.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Crystal binding. ^^2. Elements of theory solid state. ^^3. Structure of crystals. ^^4. Lattice defects. ^^5. Thermal properties of solid state. ^^6. Diffusion in solid state. ^^7. Electrical properties of metals. ^^8. Physics of semiconductors. ^^9. Diamagnetism, paramagnetism, ferromagnetism, antiferromagnetism and ferrimagnetism. ^^10. X-ray, neutron, and electron diffraction.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Knowledge:^^Fundamental knowledge of the microskopic solid state structure. ^^Skills:^^Understanding of mechanical and physical properties of solid state.
- Study materials:
Key references:^^. M.P.Marder: Condensed Matter Physics. J.Wiley, N.-York, 2000. ^^Recommended references:^^. Ch. Kittel: Introduction to Solid State Physics, John Wiley&Sons, New York, 1996.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- BS Inženýrství pevných látek (compulsory course of the specialization)