- Department of Pedagogical and Psychological Studies
History and present state of materials engineering, overview of technical materials, internal structure of metals, crystal lattices and their defects, deformation, recrystallization and fracture of materials, structure and properties of materials and their testing, iron-carbon phase diagram, overview of steels, cast irons and nonferrous metals.
100% presence at all laboratory training courses, elaboration of measurement protocols, individual project submitted, passing ungraded assessment test at end of term.
- Syllabus of lectures:
Introduction (history, use of materials, outlooks, technical, economical and environmental aspects, significance of materials science course)
2.Theoretical fundamentals of materials science (atomic and molecular structure, interatomic and intermolecular bonds)
3.Crystal lattices and their defects
4.Stress and strain
5.Development of failures and fracture
6.Mechanical properties and their testing
7.Recovery and recrystallization
8.Technological properties (informative)
9.Binary and ternary equilibrium diagrams
10.Iron-carbon phase diagram
12. Cast irons
13. Nonferrous metals
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Tensile testing of steel
Impact fracture test
Cast iron tests.
Presentation of individual task, ungraded assessment test.
- Study Objective:
Acquaintance of students with basic structural and mechanical properties of technical materials.
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- B-PM-prez.forma od 10/11 (compulsory elective course)
- B-EK-prez.forma od 10/11 (compulsory elective course)
- B-EK-prez.forma od 11/12 (compulsory elective course)
- B-PM-prez.forma od 11/12 (compulsory elective course)
- B-EK-prez.forma od 12/13 (compulsory elective course)
- B-PM-prez.forma od 12/13 (compulsory elective course)
- B-EK-prez.forma od 13/14 (compulsory elective course)
- B-PM-prez.forma od 13/14 (compulsory elective course)
- B-EK-prez.forma od 14/15 (compulsory elective course)
- B-PM-prez. forma od 14/15 (compulsory elective course)