Computer Aided Design IV
- Henri Hubertus Achten, Šimon Prokop
- Departmant of Architectural Modelling
For a more thorough understanding of architectural behaviour and phenomonology, digital models must be expanded outside standard formats from CAD software (BIM and parametric models). How can digital models be used as a basis for simulation, Virtual Reality, and rapid prototyping technologies? This are the topics in this course. We will look at the forward linking from the digital models and backward feedback from the knowledge gained from simulation, VR, and RP.
basic computer skill
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
The course is split up in three main blocks: (1) From digital model to Virtual Reality and back, (2) From digital model to simulation and back, and (3) From digital model to Rapid Prototyping and back. At the end, general design flows and methodologies for these processes are discussed.
- Study Objective:
Ability to work architecturally with CAD, simulation, VR, and RP.
- Study materials:
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
Tue Fri Thu Fri
- The course is a part of the following study plans: