Information Systems in Public Health
- Department of Biomedical Informatics
The scope of the subject is teaching of method of planning and implementation of application of information technologies in health services. In the introduction, the student will be acquainted with problems of database systems in general. These are particularly hospital information systems, manager information systems, integration of healthcare information systems, implementation of systems for connection to the individual electronic health book, i.e. implementation of the interface between the information systems and health book, systems for planning visits of patients and supporting associated processes (which can be integrated into hospital integration systems), laboratory information systems, facility management, PACS, DICOM, electronic archives, data storing and also outsourcing, which is one of variants how to effectively solve problems of hospitals having enhanced requirements for personal, financial and knowledge sources in innovation and administration of information systems. Attestation of information systems according to Law No. 365/2000 Sb. - support and safety of information systems in healthcare. eHealth - priority of the programme eEurope and crucial application for wide-band initiative.
Passing the classified credit by the method set.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Method of planning and implementation of information technologies.
2. Problems of database systems.
3. Systems for planning, visits of patients.
4. Laboratory information systems.
5. Electronic archives, data storing, clinical and complementary information systems.
6. Data safety and protection of sensitive data, data communication standards.
7. Legal aspects of the communication convergence.
8. Electronic identifier of an insured client, qualities of the health information systems.
9. Attestation of information systems, perspectives of the information system development.
10. Characteristics of health information systems in the Czech Republic.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1st lesson: information system CareCenter
2nd lesson: Laboratory Information System, Radiodiagnostic system
3rd lesson: information system Stapro I
4rd lesson: information system Stapro II
5th lesson: practical test
- Study Objective:
To master basic knowledge within the subject to the extent necessary for the performance of the profession in the branch Radiology Assistant.
- Study materials:
 Zvárová, J.: Základy informatiky pro biomedicínu a zdravotnictví. Praha, Karolinum 2003
 Kasal, P., Svačina, Š. a kol.: Lékařská informatika. Praha, Karolinum 1998 (není novější vydání)
 Nemocniční informační systémy ve výuce informatiky na lékařských fakultách : 15.-16. června 2000, Chudobín u Olomouce : sborník. ISBN 80-238-5688-X. Praha, Stapro 2000
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: