Programming and Algorithmics 2
- Jan Trávníček
- Jan Trávníček, Tomáš Dejmek, Peter Guľa, Radek Tomšů
- Department of Theoretical Computer Science
Students know the instruments of object-oriented programming and are able to use them for specifying and implementing abstract data types (stack, queue, enlargeable array, set, table). They can implement linked structures. They learn these skills using the programming language C++. Although this is not a module of programming in C++, students are introduced to all C++ features needed to achieve the main objective (e.g., operator overloading, templates).
Fundamentals of algorithmics and C.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. C++, non-object-oriented extensions.
2. Programming styles, object-oriented programming.
3. Operator overloading 1.
4. Operator overloading 2, shallow copy and deep copy.
7. Abstract classes, exceptions.
9.  Specification and implementation of abstract data types.
10. Stream library, serialization of objects.
11. Event-driven program, QT library.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. In solved-problems sessions, the teacher presents the solutions for sample problems, comments the solution, and may add new pieces of information not mentioned in the lectures. Students follow the path to the solution on their own notebooks, take notes and ask questions.
2. In computer labs, students solve assigned tasks (follow-up to the lectures and solved-problems sessions), the TAs provide consultations and advice.
- Study Objective:
The module aims to teach students to use the instruments of object-oriented programming and utilize them to specify and implement abstract data types. Attention is given to implementation using linked structures. This is a mandatory module; many other modules build upon it.
- Study materials:
1. Brassard, G., Bratley, P. ''Fundamentals of Algorithmics.'' Prentice Hall, 1995. ISBN 0133350681.
2. Sedgewick, R. ''Algorithms in C, Parts 1--5.'' Addison Wesley, 2001. ISBN 0201756080.
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
Thákurova 7 (FSv-budova A)
NTK PU 1
Tue Fri ThuroomTK:PU1
NTK PU 1
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bc. Branch Security and Information Technology, Presented in English, Version 2015 to 2020 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bc. Branch WSI, Specialization Software Engineering, Presented in English, Version 2015-2020 (compulsory course in the program)
- Bc. Branch Computer Science, Presented in English, Version 2015 to 2020 (compulsory course in the program)