Accounting and Corporate Finance
- Department of Software Engineering
Students know the principles and practicalities of financing and financial policies of companies or organisations.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Goals and importance of accounting. Accounting principles. Accounting methods.
2. Valuation of assets and liabilities, long-term and short-term assets. Asset and capital accounts, asset writeoffs.
3. Costs and income, classification of costs by purpose and by type, cost-based decision making. Final accounts, preparation, audit.
4. Profit-and-loss statement, structure. Cash flows in a company, cash-flow statement.
5. Financial indicators of a company. Annuity, perpetuity, simple and composite interest.
6. Long-term financing. Methods of evaluating investment efficiency.
7. Choice of comparison period, annual NPV equivalent. Impact of inflation and taxes on financial decisions.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Legal forms of businesses, relationships with accounting. Balance sheet, break-up into accounts. Tangible and intangible assets in accounting, writeoffs. Examples of business operations. Taxes and accounting. Balance sheet, profit-and-loss statement - composition, analysis. Cash flow statement.
2. Calculation of business financial indicators. Test. Financial mathematics. Loans, interest. NPV and IRR. Effects of taxes and financing on NPV calculation. Comparison period. Advanced examples of assessing.
- Study Objective:
Accounting principles. Valuation of assets and liabilities. Costs, revenues, profit. Balance sheet, profit-and-loss statement, and their analysis. Financial analysis of a company. Budgets and controlling. Present value, opportunity cost. Long-term financing. Investment efficiency evaluation techniques. IRR, NPV. Choice of comparing period, equivalent annual NPV. Influence of inflation and taxes on investment decisions.
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bc. Programme Informatics, Part -Time Form of Study, in Czech, Version 2015 - 2020 (VO)
- Bc Branch Security and Information Technology, Part-Time Form, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2020 (elective course)
- Bc.Branch WSI, Specialization Software Engineering, Part-Time Form, Versionverze 2015 - 2020 (elective course)