- Igor Čermák (guarantor)
- Igor Čermák (guarantor)
- Department of Information Security
Students learn information and IS/ICT security management systems (ISMS), methods for information access control, and basic norms and international standards in this area. They understand methods for management of internal and external security threats, for IS/IT security audits, and for application security testing (e.g., penetration testing).
Bachelor knowledge of Informatics
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Management, management and governance, IT management.
2. Information security management system, IS/ICT governance, international standards on IS/ICT security, legislation in the Czech Republic.
3. Risk management.
4. Physical security, access control system, information resource valuation, internal and external threats, evaluation of countermeasures,
5. Administration security (guidelines, training).
6. Disaster recovery planning, business continuity management, incident management,
7. IS/IT audits, application security testing, penetration testing, certifications.
8. Certification according ISO 27001, Best practises (ISO 17999),
9. Information security trends.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
The field of information security governance in modern organizations and companies is of growing importance. The module is to provide students a good overview of methods and standards for informstion security. The aim of the module is to let the students understand the importance of information security governance, to provide them sufficient arguments for the support of ISMS implementation process and for successfull implementation and/or management of ISMS.
- Study materials:
2. Tipton, H. F., Krause, M. ''Information Security Management Handbook (Sixth Edition)''. Auerbach, 2008. ISBN 1420067087.
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2018/2019:
Tue Fri Thu Fri
- Time-table for summer semester 2018/2019:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Computer Systems and Networks, Presented in English - for Students who Enrolled in 2014 and 2015 (compulsory course in the program)
- Computer Security, Presented in English, Version 2016, 2017 and 2018 (compulsory elective economic-management course)
- Computer Systems and Networks, Presented in English, Version 2016, 2017 and 2018 (compulsory elective economic-management course)
- Design and Programming of Embedded Systems, in English, Version 2016, 2017 and 2018 (compulsory elective economic-management course)
- Specialization Software Engineering, in English, Version 2016, 2017 and 2018 (compulsory elective economic-management course)