|AD7B32TKS||Z,ZK||4||14P + 6L||Czech|
- Department of Telecommunications Engineering
The subject deals with telecommunication networks from different viewpoints, explaining their physical principles and structure as well as applications. It introduces basic terms and principles of information transmission, services of telecommunication networks, quality of services, traffic engineering and dimensioning of network elements. The application of these principles and methods is demonstrated on the existing communication networks - ISDN, data transmission networks, fixed and mobile networks.
In order to obtain the credits, students have to meet the following conditions:
1) Be successful in the test.
2) Succesfully deliver 1 assigned report.
The examination is based on a test and possible subsequent discussion.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Basic terms. Regulation and standardization in telecommunications.
2. National holiday - no lectures
3. Communication chain, source of information - transmission and switching element - information sink. The concept of networking.
4. Description of a source, transmission and switching element, types and basic characteristics of these elements.
5. Technologies for information transmission and its protection.
6. Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
7. Multiple utilisation of transmission media. Modulations.
8. Transmission media and their utilisation. Transmission systems.
9. Telecommunication switching systems - basic characteristics. Signaling.
10. Principles and properties of mobile telecommunication networks. Data transmission in host networks.
11. Narrowband and broadband ISDN networks. Intelligent networks.
12. Services in communication networks and their classification.
13. Traffic load, service systems and their traffic models, basic parameters.
14. Evaluation of quality of services (QoS) and network performance (NP).
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction to seminars and laboratories. Safety of laboratory work. Class Server as a communication tool.
2. Attenuation and gain, relative and absolute levels. Examples of computations and practical applications.
3. Codes for protection of transmitted information. An example of code construction.
4. Introduction to the cycle of laboratory exercises.
5. Processing of speech signals.
6. Subscriber lines in telephone networks.
7. Subscriber lines in ISDN.
8. Wireless networks.
9. Traffic and applications in IP-based networks.
10. Traffic load.
11. Optical communications.
12. Assessment test.
13. Supplementary measurements.
14. Assignment of credits.
- Study Objective:
Students will get familiar with electronic communication networks, from the very basic principles to services and applications.
- Study materials:
1. Freeman, R., L.: Telecommunication System Engineering. New York: John Wiley & Sons, INC., 1996.
2. Bešťák, R. - Vodrážka, J. - Pravda. I.: Principles of Telecommunication Systems and Networks. Vydavatelství ČVUT, Praha. 2007.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Inteligentní systémy (STM-A7B-přechodné) (elective course)
- Manažerská informatika (STM-A7B-přechodné) (elective course)
- Web a multimedia (STM-A7B-přechodné) (elective course)
- Softwarové inženýrství (STM-A7B-přechodné) (elective course)
- Společný 1.ročník (STM-A7B) (elective course)
- Inteligentní systémy (STM-A7B) (elective course)
- Manažerská informatika (STM-A7B) (elective course)
- Softwarové inženýrství (STM-A7B) (elective course)
- Web a multimedia (STM-A7B) (elective course)