Electrical engineering in informatics
- Department of Circuit Theory
The subject is oriented on fundamentals of electrical engineering focused mainly on building blocks in computer technology. The content of the subject is built on elementary knowledge from secondary school. Seminars and exercises are devoted to the application and verification of knowledge presented in lectures.
To be specified in english course.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Electricity. Electrical current, DC and AC currents and voltages. Electric circuit and its description. Circuits with resistors, circuits with reactances.
2. Interconnections between systems (circuits). General view on source and consumer (input impedance, open circuit voltage, inner impedance of the source,...). Impedance matching.
3. Circuit characteristics in the time and frequency domains. Transient effects in the DC circuit. Frequency characteristics of the reactance circuit.
4. Electric current in semiconductors. Types of conductivity, semiconductor junction - its behavior with forward and backward polarization. Bipolar transistor - the transistor effect. Elementary transistor circuits.
5. Unipolar transistor MOS. Elementary circuits. Complementary transistors and their use - CMOS structures.
6. Electric switch - its characteristics. Diode and transistor as switches. Speed of switching.
7. Binary signals - its representation by electrical signal. Combinational logic circuits based on switches.
8. Principles of electronic integrated circuits for computer technologies. Electrical characteristics of logical circuits. Voltage levels characterizing logic states.
9. Characteristics of impulse signals. Impulse lines. Time parameters of circuit with capacitive load - speed of logic operations in real circuits.
10. Electromagnetic effects. Electromagnetic wave, wave propagation, electromagnetic noise, EMC (ElectroMagnetic Compatibility).
11. Soft and hard magnetic materials. Transformer - its characteristic parameters. Magnetic records of analog and digital information.
12. Moving mechanisms. Rotating and linear motors, step motors, piezoelectric mechanisms.
13. Optoelectronic elements. Principles of display technologies. Optical records. Optical fibers.
14. Electrical and mechanical constructions - rules for design. Specific features of digital system design and construction.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Basic DC circuits, parallel and serial connections of resistors, examples
2. Basic AC circuits with condensers and coils. Transients when switched and steady state with AC signals.
3. Software simulation of DC and AC circuits.
4. Frequency characteristics of circuits - simulation of fundamental circuits with condensers.
5. Characteristics of diodes, diode switch, rectifier - simple simulation (demonstration)
6. Elementary circuit with transistor - simple simulation (demonstration)
7. Logic elements - their interconnections.
8. Logic circuits - simple simulation of logical and electrical behavior.
9. Transformers and their characteristics. Simulation of pulse transformer in real conditions.
10. Description of apparatus used in servicing of digital systems.
11. Individual task: Description of some computer equipment
12. Individual task: Consultation
13. Presentation of individual task for the whole student group
14. Presentation of individual task for the whole student group, credit
- Study Objective:
Basic knowledge about computer hardware, mainly from the point of view of its electrical and physical behaviour. User oriented description of hardware parameters.
- Study materials:
Literature recommendet by lecturer
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Společný 1.ročník (STM-A7B) (compulsory course in the program)
- Inteligentní systémy (STM-A7B) (compulsory course in the program)
- Manažerská informatika (STM-A7B) (compulsory course in the program)
- Softwarové inženýrství (STM-A7B) (compulsory course in the program)
- Web a multimedia (STM-A7B) (compulsory course in the program)