Safety in Electrical Engineering 3
- Department of Cybernetics
The course introduces students to the risks and causes of electric shock, with the safety regulations for handling and working on electrical equipment, protection against electric shock, the principles of safe conduct for working with high voltage and first aid for electric shock. Particular attention is paid to the description and use of a defibrillator. Students will gain the necessary qualifications for electrical activity in the CTU.
Details: Directive of Dean No 4 / 2009.
Terms of credit: 100% attendance at tutorials and lectures. Written examination. (Test).
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. The repeated occupational health and safety training is carried out according to the model curriculum for training of OSH staff and students of the Czech Technical University in Prague.
2. Professional qualifications in Electrical Engineering. Risks and causes of accidents. Symbols and labelling. Standards. Security parameters and configuration of electrical equipments. Electromagnetic compatibility. Safety parameters and arrangement of electrical equipment.
3. Safe operation and the work authorization of persons. Safety when working with electrical and electronic devices. Safety precautions when working with high voltage sources. First aid for an electric accident. Description and use of the ZOLL AED Plus defibrillator for resuscitation.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Practice provides practical practice of reciting the substance of the safety of electrical installations in accordance with the requirements for electrical qualification students CTU.
1. Safety in laboratories CTU. Practical examples of security features used in laboratories with an increased risk of electric shock. Mentoring process uses ZOLL AED Plus defibrillators, located in buildings of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering.
2. Record of the re-training of OSH. Written examination - Test (§ 6 Reg. No. 50/1978 Coll.) from Electrical Higher Qualification.). Record of Electrical Higher Qualifications gained in to the index. Credit.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: