Air traffic control
- Department of Radioelectronics
Air traffic control service and its function. Air traffic control procedures and utilization of the communication, navigation and radar systems. Requirements on radio equipment. The course applies knowledge from course Navigation. The knowledge is applicable in aerospace industry and air business.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Air transport safety. Air traffic control duties. Aviation standard, ICAO.
2. Air traffic control system components and their classification.
3. VFR, IFR flights, ICAO operational categories.
4. Air traffic service facilities and their locations: TWR, APP, ACC.
5. Information, emergency and search and rescue service.
6. Airways flights. Procedural and radar control, separation.
7. Approach and landing procedures, separation.
8. Overview of radio navigation systems and their application for air traffic control.
9. Radar. Surveillance radar. Airport surveillance radar, Airport taxi radar.
10. Conventional secondary surveillance radar, principles of operation.
11. Secondary surveillance radar in S mode, automatic targets tracking.
12. Airborne anti-collision system TCAS. Airborne radar and its utilization.
13. Doppler navigation system, Air traffic control system organization, Eurocontrol.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.Air situation in FIR Prague
8.Non precision approach
11.GPS receiver demonstration
12.Excursion to the ACC Prague
- Study Objective:
Acquaint of the student with the Air traffic control and the air traffic flow management.
- Study materials:
 Nolan, M, S: Fundamentals of Air Traffic Control Third Edition. ITP1998.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Kybernetika a robotika - Letecké a kosmické systémy (elective course)