- Department of Radioelectronics
Position determination and piloting of aircraft and space vehicles using instrumental navigation. Modern aircraft radio navigation, in particular satellite one. The explanation of the course respects recommendation of the European radio navigation plan (ERNP) and ICAO regulations. Student acquaints with navigation systems principles and with their applications.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Earth, geometrical reference surfaces, Earth coordinates, WGS 84 system
2. Aeronautical charts, chart projection. Instrumental air navigation.
3. Air radio navigation. Direction finders, automatic direction finder.
4. Radio navigation system with angle measurement, VOR. Principles, indication. DVOR, VOT beacons.
5. Distance measurement. DME. RNAV. Radio altimeters.
6. ILS and its subsystems (LLZ, GP, markers), principles and indication. Beacons and receivers.
7. MLS system. Principles, possibilities and system future.
8. Hyperbolic systems, LORAN C and its future. eLORAN as satellite navigation backup.
9. Satellite navigation, Doppler and ranging systems, position determination, DOPs.
10. GPS system of satellite navigation, signal structure, SPS and PPS services.
11. Satellite navigation systems GLONASS and Galileo.
12. Satellite navigation drawbacks mitigation, DGPS, WAAS, EGNOS, RAIM, AAIM.
13. Other satellite navigation systems applications, especially for space navigation in Earth vicinity.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Introduction to navigation in air traffic from practical point of view.
- Study materials:
 Kayton, M.; Fried, W.R.: Avionics Navigation Systems. John Wiley and Sons, Inc. New York, 1997.
 Misra, P.; Enge, P.: Global Positioning System. Ganga.Jamuna Press, Lincoln, Massachusetts, 2006. 2. vydání.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Inteligentní budovy (elective course)
- Kybernetika a robotika - Letecké a kosmické systémy (compulsory course of the specialization)