- Safety in Electrical Engineering for a bachelor´s degree (BEEZB)
Basic health and occupational safety regulations (BEEZZ)
- Department of Microelectronics
The aim of the course is to show and present to the students the modern trends used in electronics design. It will practically show the usage of electronic devices, circuits and functional blocks. Typical methods, errors and mistakes during the design process flow will be shown.During the exercises students will design a concept and select appropriate electronic components for circuit realization. Simulation software will help to compare the designed circuit with the realized one. Evalution boards with complete software support from STMicroelectronics will help the students to understand the basic function of presented integrated circuits.
In order to be allowed to be examined, the student must perform all experiments.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1.Progress and common rules proposal electronic system (process-flow), system access to solving, technical and production documentation, certification and legislature
2.Supporting software for proposal and construction electronic system, simulation, evaluation, testing
3.Passive parts for electronics, their influence over final characteristics system, main and parasitic characteristics, technological types, specification, lines, rating, service life
4.Amplifier application like autonomous functional blocks in electronic system for consumer electronics, measurement and control techniques, information science, sensor
5.Specialized electronic parts for processing sound and video signal
6.Electronics interface system, transmission A/D, D/A, standard bus, transmission system (USB, HPIB, Bluetooth, ZigBee)
7.Specialized automotive electronics, functional blocks, CAN bus, car control unit, EMC in automotive industry
8.Microcontroller in consumer electronics, peripherals, intelligent sensor, software
9.„intelligent house“ concept - mechanical and heat system control
10.Remote control and steerage system by means of telecommunication network
11.Common design rules and construction of security system of small and big objects
12.Application of RFID system for identification, in logistics, MIFARE concept
13.Power supply for electronics - technological types, use in consumer electronics, power supply mobile system
14.Optimalization running electrochemical power source, „power management“ specialized service parts for secondary cell
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.Organizational arrangements. Design problem practical solving, information sources, catalogue, devices base, solving progress
2.CAD, PSPICE,MicroCAP,MicroSIM software. Simulation progress
3.Testing electronic parts. Metering on parameter analyzer.
4.Using computerized measurement station with HPIB bus. Rules and possibilities of work.
5.Audio amplifier design, used devices, realization. Webcam, function, used circuits, signal processing.
6.Measurement on A/D,D/A converter, nonlinearities. USB bus, oscillator in PC, motherboard PC and its circuits
7.Measurement on car control unit. Car tuning.
8.Evolutionary kit with microcontroller, peripheral application.
9.„Intelligent house“ concept proposal, used modules
10.Operating appliance by the help of GSM portable telephone, application, modification and proposal.
11.Jablotron security unit, modules, sensors. Usage and configuration.
12.Evolutionary kit for RFID chips, configuration, MIFARE system practically.
13.Power source unit, speed-load characteristic, security devices, software for power supply design.
14.Battery evaluation, testing their quality, charging station desing
- Study Objective:
The aim of the course is to show and present to the students the modern trends used in electronics design. It will practically show the usage of electronic devices, circuits and functional blocks. Typical methods, errors
and mistakes during the design process flow will be shown. During the exercises students will design a concept and select appropriate electronic components for circuit realization. Simulation software will help to compare the designed circuit with the realized one.
- Study materials:
1. K. Finkenzeller : RFID Handbook: Fundamentals and Applications in Contactless Smart Cards and Identification, Wiley, 2003
2. Build Your Own Home Security System (Paperback,Delton T. Horn, McGraw-Hill (December 19, 1993)
3. Beginning Digital Electronics through Projects Paperback),Andrew Singmin,Newnes; 1st edition (December 27, 2001)
4. Fundamentals of Power Electronics (Second Edition) (Hardcover),Robert W. Erickson,Dragan Maksimovic,Springer
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Robotics (elective course)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Senzors and Instrumention (elective course)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Systems and Control (elective course)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Applied Electrical Engineering (elective course)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Engineering and Management (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Applied Electronics (compulsory course of the specialization)
- Open Informatics - Computer Systems (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Computer and Information Science (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Software Systems (elective course)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management (elective course)
- Cybernetics and Robotics (elective course)
- Open Informatics (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Communications and Electronics (compulsory course of the specialization)