Electric Machinery and Apparatus 2
- Department of Electric Drives and Traction
Contacts and semiconductor switching apparatus in LV networks. Basic topology of 3-phase switches and power load of its components. Power switches and systems with progressive semiconductor devices and its control circuits. Protective circuits of semiconductor switching devices. Electric apparatus testing. Continue. Fundamentals of general theory of electric machine. Magnetic field. Fundamentals of commutation. Transformer, efficiency, volt drop. Transient phenomena - switch to the network, cut-off. Mathematical model of synchronous and induction machine. Rotating magnetic field. Induction machine, starting and speed control. Magnetic field harmonics and their influence. Single-phase induction motor. Operation of the synchronous machine on the network. Torque, stability, overload capacity. Transient phenomena, cut-off
Active participation on laboratory measurement, document administration in due form, measure result processing, submit of test reports
- Syllabus of lectures:
1.Low voltage contacts switching apparatus properties and application ability.
2.Components of semiconductor switching devices.
3.Single- phase semiconductor switches with thyristors and GTO thyristors, control circuits.
4.Semiconductor switches with bipolar, MOS and IGBT transistors and its control circuits.
5.Three- phase semiconductor switches topology, components voltage and current dimensioning
6.Softstarters, semiconductor switches protecting circuits.
7.Electrical apparatus testing.
8.Principles of electromechanical energy conversion. Theorie of general electric machine, mathematical model
9.Magnetic field. Fundamentals of DC machine commutation. Armature reaction
10.Winding of AC rotating machines, rotating magnetic field
11.Starting and speed control of induction machine. Single-phase induction motor
12.Mathematical model of the synchronous and induction machine, d,q,0-transformation
13.Operation of the synchronous machine to the network, torque, stability, overload capacity
14.Transient phenomena of synchronous generator, cut-off
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Lab- exercises can be united to two session blocks.
1.Organization of lab exercises, work safety in the lab, laboratory rules, first tasks preparation.
2.Relay breaking properties in LV DC circuit.
3.Fuses current limiting characteristics measurement.
4.Residual current circuit breaker breaking characteristics measurement.
5.Dynamic making and breaking characteristics of IGBT switch measurement.
6.Switching characteristics of single-phase zero crossing switch measurement.
7.A single-phase thyristor and triacs switch control circuit application.
8.Magnetic field in the air gap of DC machine. No-load characteristic
9.Three-transformer winding connection, vector angle
10.Determination of an induction motor parameters by the measurement
11.Induction motor loading, circle diagram
12.No load- and short circle measuring of a synchronous machine
13.Determination of a synchronous machine model parameters by the measurement
14.Corrective measurments, evaluation of measure protocols. Credit
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Chapman, S. J. Electric Machinery fundamentals. McGraw-Hill, Inc.. 1985
2. Flurscheim, C.,H., Power Circuit Breaker, Theory and Design. IEE.1982
3. Slade,G.,P.: Electrical Contacts, Principles and Applications, Marcel Dekker,Inc.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Robotics (elective course)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Senzors and Instrumention (elective course)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Systems and Control (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Artificial Intelligence (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Computer Engineering (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Computer Vision and Image Processing (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Computer Graphics and Interaction (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Software Engineering (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Wireless Communication (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Multimedia Technology (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Electronics (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Networks of Electronic Communication (elective course)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Technological Systems (compulsory course in the program)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Machines, Apparatus and Drives (compulsory course in the program)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Power Engineering (compulsory course in the program)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Air and Space Systems (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Communication Systems (elective course)
- Open Informatics - New - Software Engineering (elective course)