Manufacturing of Electronic Equipment
- Department of Electrotechnology
Mechanical and electrical design. The electric contact. Joining of conductors. Cooling of components and equipment Printed circuit boards fabrication. Soldering in electronics. Electromagnetic compatibility of electronic equipment. Protection of components and equipment, sensitive on electrostatic field. Certification, accreditation, quality control and quality assurance.
A student has to obtain a credit before an examination.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1.Mechanical and electrical design of electronics equipment
2.Electrical contacts. Basic feature. Application.
3.Mechanical, metallurgical and adhesive joints in electronics
4.Influence of environmentalism on construction and materials of joints.
5. PCBs of different types including flexible PCBs
6. Assembly in electronics - THT
7. Assembly in electronics - SMT
8.Production facility for assembly electronics
9. Temperature conditions of components and equipment. Crystal oven, cooling, heat pipe.
10.Manufacturing, operating and working environment.
11. Protection of components and equipment sensitive on electrostatic discharge
12. Electromagnetic compatibility. Shielding of workplaces and equipment
13.In-production control, control of electronic production
14.ISO 9000, ISO 14 000, control and assurance of quality
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.Safety of operation in laboratories. Instructions of tasks.
2.Joints, jointing in electronics.
3.Electromechanical contact systems.
4.Measurement of contact resistance of contacts.
5.Fabrication of solder and adhesive joints.
6. Measurement of parameters of soldering and adhesives joints.
7.Electrostatic discharge sensitive components (ESDS).
8.Measurement of ionic contamination of components and PCB.
9.Visit to factory: manufacturing of electronics equipment.
10. Video demonstration - product equipment .
11. Mounting and repair PCB - manufacturing samples - part 1.
12. Mounting and repair PCB - manufacturing samples - part 2.
13.Shielding technology - demonstration and measurement of samples.
14.Evaluation of reports from measurements. A credit.
- Study Objective:
Survey of modern methods of production of electronic devices capable of competition.
- Study materials:
1.Mach, P., Skočil, Vl., Urbánek J. Montáž v elektronice. Praha: ČVUT. 2001
2. Hwang, J. S. Modern Solder Technology for Competetive Electronics
Manufacturing. McGraw-Hill, New York 1996.
3. Szendiuch, I.: Základy technologie mikroelektronických obvodů a systémů, VUTIUM Brno, 2006. ISBN 80-214-3292-6
4. Pietriková, A.,Ďurišin, J., Mach, P.: Diagnostika a optimalizácia použitia ekologických materialov pre vodivé spájanie v elektronike. FEI TU v Košiciach. ISBN 978-80-553-0447-2
5.Puttlitz, K. J., Stalter, A.K.: Handbook of Lead-Free Solder Technology for Microelectronic Assemblies. Marcel Dekker, Inc. New York - Basel, 2004. ISBN 0-8247-4870-0
6. Li,Yi., Lu, Daniel., Wong, C.P.: Electrical Conductive Adhesives with Nanotechnologies. Springer New York, 2010. ISBN 978-0-387-88782-1
7. Sung Jim Kim, Sang Woo Lee. Air Cooling Technology for Electronic
Equipment. CRC Press, Inc. New York. 1996
Recommended resources on topics (Theman-Litm-kapx):
Presentation on a particular subject are:
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Robotics (elective course)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Senzors and Instrumention (elective course)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Systems and Control (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Artificial Intelligence (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Computer Engineering (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Computer Vision and Image Processing (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Computer Graphics and Interaction (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Software Engineering (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Wireless Communication (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Multimedia Technology (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Electronics (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Networks of Electronic Communication (elective course)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Economy and Management of Electrical Eng. (compulsory course in the program)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Air and Space Systems (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Communication Systems (elective course)
- Open Informatics - New - Software Engineering (elective course)