Manufacturing of Electrical Components
- Department of Electrotechnology
Technology of electric components in general. Basic technology in use. Type of components: resistors, potentiometers, capacitors with foil dielectric. Ceramic and electrolytic capacitors. Electromechanical devices . Semiconductors, fabrication of vertical and horizontal structures. Packaging.
The credit reguirements: seminar presentation, one protokol of labs and the student must obtain minimally 50 % of avaliable points in the tests.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Components used in electrical or electronics circuits.
2. Identification of electronic components. Standards of nominal values.
3. Resistors, Power resistors.
4. Nonlinear resistors, potentiometers.
5. Capacitors - roll-type, ceramic, electrolytic.
6. Inductance devices, HF coils, chokes, transformers.
7. Power inductance HF devices, chokes. Power filters
8. Switches, connectors
9. Electromechanical devices, relay,
10. Batteries and storage cells
11. Lines. Distributed parameter devices.
12. Semiconductor device design, fabrication of structures.
13. Survey of modern semiconductor devices and IO technologies.
14. Packaging and connecting of devices.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.Safety in laboratories. Instruction about lab. measurements - group 1.
2.Instruction about lab. measurements - group 1.
3. Nonlinear resistors
6.Resistor and capacitors characteristics at HF
7.Power pulse transformer.
8.Instruction about lab. measurements - group 2.
9. Relay, electric contacts.
10. Distributed parameter lines.
11. Active semiconductor devices.
12. Electronic components mounting 1
13. Electronic components mounting 2
14.Evaluation of lab. reports. A credit.
- Study Objective:
A student are well-educated of technology of electric components, properties of fundamental electronic devices and their quality testing methods
- Study materials:
1. Horn, Delton T.: Electronic Components: A complete reference for project builders. Blue Ridge - TAB Books, 1992
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Robotics (elective course)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Senzors and Instrumention (elective course)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Systems and Control (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Artificial Intelligence (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Computer Engineering (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Computer Vision and Image Processing (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Computer Graphics and Interaction (elective course)
- Open Informatics - Software Engineering (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Wireless Communication (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Multimedia Technology (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Electronics (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Networks of Electronic Communication (elective course)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Economy and Management of Electrical Eng. (compulsory course in the program)
- Cybernetics and Robotics - Air and Space Systems (elective course)
- Communications, Multimedia and Electronics - Communication Systems (elective course)
- Open Informatics - New - Software Engineering (elective course)