Mobile and Collective Robotics
- Department of Cybernetics
The course introduces basic mobile robot structure design together with control methods aimed to achieve autonomous and collective behaviors for robots. Methods and tool s for data acquisition and processing are presented herein with the overall goal to resolve the task of autonomous navigation for mobile robots comprising the tasks of sensor fusion, environmental modeling including Simultaneous Localization And Mapping (SLAM) approaches. Besides sensor-processing related tasks, methods for robot trajectory planning will be introduced. The central topic of the course stands in specific usage of the afore methods capable of execution with groups of robots and taking the advantage of their cooperation and coordination in groups. Labs and seminars are organized in a form of an Open Laboratory whereas the students will resolve the given problem in simulated environments as well as with a real robot HW.
Courses: Cybernetics and Artificial Intelligence, Programming 1,2, Intelligent Robotics, Robots.
- Syllabus of lectures:
Syllabus: 1. Introduction, curse schedule, history, components of an intelligent mobile robot, specifications of individual subtasks, problems.
2. Fundamental architectures of an intelligent mobile robot,their properties.
3. Common sensors for mobile robotics, camera, range-finder,odometry, introduction to data processing.
4. Data fusion, environment models and their construction I - occupancy grids, topological maps.
5. Data fusion, environment models and their construction II - geometric maps.
6. Trajectory planning - potential field, Dijkstra, D*, BUG, roadmaps.
7. Localization taxonomy, continuous localization 8. Global localization in a known or partially known environment.
9. Global localization in a known or partially known environment.
10. Simultaneous localization and mapping.
11. Collective robotics, overview of current systems, taxonomy of methods for coordination and cooperation in multi-robot systems.
12. Planning in multi-robot systems.
13. Localization in multi-robot systems.
14. Robotic swarms - realization of group behaviour.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.Introduction to lab setup, assessment requirements and lab safety regulations. Student work assignment.
2.Excursion to Mobile Robotics Laboratory
3.-13. Labs student work
4.Presentation of achieved results, assessment
- Study Objective:
The aim of the course is to introduce an elementary
structure of intelligent mobile robots. Moreover, fundamental problems of robot control and realization of autonomous behavior of one robot as well as a group of several robots are introduced.
- Study materials:
1.Borenstein, J., Everett, B., and Feng, L.: Navigating Mobile Robots: Systems and Techniques A. K. Peters, Ltd., Wellesley, MA, ISBN 1-56881-058-X, 1996
2.Latombe, J.C.: Robot Motion Planning, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Norwell, Mass. 1991.
3.Dudek, G., Jenkin, M.: Computation Principles of Mobile Robotics, Cambridge University, Press, SBN 0521560217, 2000.
4.Thrun, S.: Probabilistic algorithms in robotics. AI Magazine, 21(4):93-109, 2000.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Inteligentní budovy (elective course)
- Kybernetika a robotika - Robotika (compulsory course of the specialization)
- Elektrotechnika, energetika a management - Technologické systémy (elective course)
- Elektrotechnika, energetika a management - Elektrické stroje, přístroje a pohony (elective course)
- Elektrotechnika, energetika a management - Elektroenergetika (elective course)
- Elektrotechnika, energetika a management - Ekonomika a řízení energetiky (elective course)
- Elektrotechnika, energetika a management - Ekonomika a řízení elektrotechniky (elective course)
- Komunikace, multimédia a elektronika - Bezdrátové komunikace (elective course)
- Komunikace, multimédia a elektronika - Multimediální technika (elective course)
- Komunikace, multimédia a elektronika - Elektronika (elective course)
- Komunikace, multimédia a elektronika - Sítě elektronických komunikací (elective course)
- Komunikace, multimédia a elektronika - Komunikační systémy (elective course)