Industrial Information Systems
- Department of Cybernetics
The aim of this course is to make students familiar with IT support of industrial systems controlled and integrated with computational systems, and teach students to consider respective system requirements. The course deals with IT infrastructure support, modeling of business systems, their data flow, functional models and methods for modeling of non-functional requiremets, with focus to stability, planing, security and quality management.
Basic knowledge of relational DBMS, computer networking basics
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Information system as a business tool, TCO, ROI, cost of failures and outage. Business informatics and the role of IT on different business levels. Information types, sources a and processing.
2. Quality management systems, their structures and examples, classical and contemporary approaches to quality improvement, strategy of quality controll
3. Information systems, functions and processes, enterprice resource planning (ERP), IS support
4. Analysis and modeling of information systems in business environment, SSADM, IDEF0 methodology.
5. Customer relationaship management (CRM), call centers, document management, enterprise content management (ECM)
6. Bank and finance systems, electronic transactions.
7. Managerial decision support systems: business intelligence, data mining, risk management, prediction systems.
8. Telecommunication systems, telematics, monitoring, SCADA systems.
9. Industrial aspects of information systems, ISO 9126 standard (software quality), related non-funtional system requiremets.
10. Capacity planning: transactions estimation, performance, response, load distribution, scalability.
11.Stability: MTBF, uptime, system robustness, redundance and redundant systems.
12.Reliability: design of robust and reliable systems, software errors, impact of HW a SW on reliability.
13. Security: security management of information systems, ICT security on corporate level
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Organization of excercises
2. Quality management system, example.
3. Standard components of IS, examples.
4. Business aspects of information system, total cost of ownership, return of investment.
5. Structured system analysis and design, modeling of information/data flow in industrial enterprise I. Task solving
6. Structured system analysis and design, modeling of information/data flow in industrial enterprise II. Task solving
7. Structured system analysis and design, modeling of information/data flow in industrial enterprise III. Task solving
8.Telecommunication, monitoring, control systems.
9.Non-functional requirements, case studies.
10.Capacity planning, queues, response, scalability. I
11.Capacity planning, queues, response, scalability. II
12. Stability of systems, requiremets, business impact of failures and malfunction.
13. Solutions for redundance, estimation of MTBF a uptime.
14. Examples of solution for enterprise ICT security.
- Study Objective:
The aim of the study is to familiarize students with industrial computer systems for managing and supporting business processes. From the stage of formal description to integration with other enterprise systems. Emphasis is placed on the modeling of manufacturing and business systems, data flows through them, creating functional models and modeling tools for non-functional aspects. In particular, stability issues, capacity planning, security and quality control.
- Study materials:
1.Britton Ch., Bye P.: IT Architectures and Middleware: Strategies for Building Large, Integrated Systems. Addison-Wesley Professional, 2004.
2.Cummins F. A.: Enterprise Integration. An Architecture for Enterprise Application and System Integration. OMG Press, Wiley, 2002.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Elektrotechnika, energetika a management - Technologické systémy_144957 (elective course)
- Elektrotechnika, energetika a management - Elektrické stroje, přístroje a pohony_145019 (elective course)
- Elektrotechnika, energetika a management - Elektroenergetika_145039 (elective course)
- Elektrotechnika, energetika a management - Ekonomika a řízení energetiky_145106 (elective course)
- Elektrotechnika, energetika a management - Ekonomika a řízení elektrotechniky_145126 (elective course)
- Komunikace, multimédia a elektronika - Bezdrátové komunikace_145152 (elective course)
- Komunikace, multimédia a elektronika - Multimediální technika_145209 (elective course)
- Komunikace, multimédia a elektronika - Elektronika_145231 (elective course)
- Komunikace, multimédia a elektronika - Sítě elektronických komunikací_145248 (elective course)
- Kybernetika a robotika - Robotika_145304 (compulsory course of the specialization)
- Otevřená informatika - Softwarové inženýrství_145534 (compulsory course of the specialization)
- Komunikace, multimédia a elektronika - Komunikační systémy (elective course)