- Department of Computer Science
General introduction to simulation: fundamental ideas and principles of simulation systems, synchronous and asynchronous simulation. Simulation system VHDL and its use for simulation of digital circuits: data types, entities, architectures, sequential environment (processes, functions, procedures), signals and their attributes, resolution function, parallel environment (data-flow description, blocks, structural description), configuration of structural models.
Students who completed course 36SIM cannot enroll.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Cohen Ben: VHDL Coding Styles and Methodologies, Springer 1999
2. Zwolinski Mark: Digital System Design with VHDL, Prentice Hall 2003
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: