Architecture of Symbolic Computers
- Department of Computer Science
Symbolic expressions and abstract programs, lambda calculus, formal basis for abstract programming, self-interpretation, SECD abstract machine, memory management, demand-driven evaluation, Lisp implementations, predicate logic and its inference engine, Prolog inference engine and dynamic algebras, Warren abstract machine, optimisation, Prolog implementations, parallel inference engines.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Peter M. Kogge: The Architecture of Symbolic Computers. McGraw-Hill,
Inc.1990, New York, NY, USA ISBN:0070355967
2. Gopal Gupta, et al.: Parallel execution of prolog programs: a survey.
July 2001, ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems
(TOPLAS), Volume 23 Issue 4
3. L.C.Paulson: Foundations of Functional Programming.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: