Photonic Components and Circuits Design
- Department of Microelectronics
The subject introduces practical experience for design of important photonic devices and application of the devices in photonic systems. Survey of software for photonic. The programs for design of the technologic structure of the injection sources of optical radiation, optical waveguides, and devices for optical beam controlling are treated, too. Project of the devices is executed in the course of excercises, the properties of the proposed devices are checked in laboratory.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Survey of software for photonic components the system design.
2. Injection lasers and diode photodetectors structures design using TCAD.
3. Numeric methods for analysis of photonics waveguides structures.
4. Computer-aided design of planar waveduides structures.
5. Computer-aided design of passive, electrooptic and thermooptic waveguide components
6. Acoustooptics structures and components, design and property analysis
7. Waveguides components on base microresonators.
8. Components and structures with photonics crystals.
9. Optical planar and fibre amplifier.
10. Planar and fiber structures with Bragg grating and their aplication.
11. Design of planar and fibre optical sensors
12. Design of optical transmission system considering attenuation, dispersion and noise.
13. Professional software for photonic system design.
14. Program SCOPE for the designed system analysis.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. S: Design of PN photodiodes PIN and APD structures considering their properties of the devices.
2. S: Laser structures solution with FP, DBR and DFB feedback considering the suitable spectral properties.
3. S: Planar structures design for the sensor with evanescent wave.
4. S: Solution of Mach-Zehender with oxynitride planar waveguide as thermally controlled divider
5. S: Optical transmitter design considering the spectral and thermal stability
6. S: Optical receiver design considering the threshold sensitivity for particular value of SNR and BER
7. S: Optical demultiplexer design for DWDM system
8. S: Acoustooptic deflector design.
9. L: PN, PIN, APD photodiodes.
10. L: Thermally controlled divider with Mach-Zehender interferometer.
11. L: Optical receiver.
12. L: Optical transmitter.
13. L: Acoustooptics deflector.
14. Final grading.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. B.E.A. Saleh, M.C Teich: Fundamentals of Photonic. John Willey & sons,
New York 1991.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: