Syntax and semantics of a formal language
- Department of Mathematics
Syntax and semantics of a formal language.A simple imperative
language, assignment command. Denotational and operational semantics,
coherence theorem. Mathematical domain theory. Fixed points of
functionals, recursive definitions. Lambda - notation. A simple
functionl language, denotational semantics. New functions definitions,
recursive constructions. Operational semantics. Other approaches to
semantics, continuation semantics. Axiomatic (Hoare's) semantics.
Expressive power of a programming language.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Gunter C.A.: Semantics of Programming Languages - Structures and Techniques, MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1992.
2. Tennent R. D.: Semantics of Programming Languages, Prentice Hall, London 1991.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: