Numerical Linear Algebra
- Department of Mathematics
Background matrix algebra. Norms of vectors and matrices. Numerical linear algebra. Special systems. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors. Iterative methods. Matrix inversion. Singular value decomposition. Generalized solutions of linear systems.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. L. N. Trefethen, D. Bau III: Numerical Linear Algebra. SIAM, 1997.
2. D. S. Watkins: Fundamentals of Matrix Computations, Wiley-Interscience, 2002.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: