- Department of Microelectronics
The main task of the subject is to present the practical experience in the field of photonics. The subject is outlined in cooperation with the chair of physical electronics of Faculty of Nuclear Sciences and Physical Engineering, where some experimental excercise will be realized. The laboratory experiments are divided into two parts. The first part is devoted to the measurement of the basic properties of optical radiation (coherence, polarization, polarization, difraction) and to the sources and detectors of radiation. The second part deals with properties of optoelectronic systems.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. S: Work safety.
2. S: Laboratory preparation.
3. L: Radiation characteristic of the LED's.
4. L: Laser diode threshold current measurement.
5. L: Spectral characteristic of the classic and lasers radiation sources.
6. L: Coherence and polarisation of laser radiation.
7. L: Diffraction of optical radiation.
8. L: Photodetectors VA characteristics.
9. L: Transfer properties of the optron for the analogue signal transmission.
10. L: Properties of optical fiber and optical sensors.
11. L: Measurement optical cable by OTDR.
12. L: Holography.
13. L: Optical information processing and transmission.
14. Final grading.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. B.E.A. Saleh, M.C Teich: Fundamentals of Photonic. John Willey & sons,
New York 1991.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: