Solvable Models of Mathematical Physics
- Department of Physics
Elementary methods for solving nonlinear differential equations occuring in mathematical physics are explained.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Ordinary differential equations of the first and second order.
2. Autonomous systems of differential equations.
3. Jacobi elliptic punctions.
4. Partial differential equations of the first order, method of characteristics.
5. Bäcklund transformations.
6. Inverse scattering method.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Methods of solving differential equations of mathematical physics
To acquire a praxis in handling differential equations
- Study materials:
 R.K. Bullough, Solitons,Springer-Verlag, 1980
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Matematická fyzika (elective course)