Multimedia and Graphics Applications
- Jan Buriánek (guarantor)
- Lukáš Bařinka, Jiří Chludil, Vojtěch Tomas
- Department of Software Engineering
Students gain practical experience with applications for 2D/3D graphics and DTP, as well as with basic methods of creating and editing computer graphics. Students learn theoretical fundamentals of computer graphics. During the semester, students work on various parts of a complex project involving 2D/3D graphics and DTP.
Expected is user-level knowledge of Linux or Windows and the ability to design static webpages.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Fundamental concepts of computer graphics.
2. 2D bitmap and vector graphics.
3. Basic operations in a 2D bitmap editor.
4. Basic operations in a 2D vector editor.
5. Printing technology.
6.  3D graphics.
8. Working in a DTP system.
9. Typesetting system TeX.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction to the seminars, project assignment, evaluation criteria.
2.  Working with a 2D bitmap editor.
3.  Working with a 2D vector editor.
4.  Working with a 3D editor.
5. Working with a DTP system.
7. Project consultations.
- Study Objective:
The aim of the module is to provide a concise introduction to applications of multimedia and computer graphics. Students learn to work with applications for 2D raster and vector graphics, 3D graphics, and DTP.
- Study materials:
1. Hammel, M. J. The Artist's Guide to GIMP Effects: Creative Techniques for Photographers, Artists, and Designers. No Starch Press, 2007. ISBN 1593271212.
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2019/2020:
NBFIT PC ucebna
NBFIT PC ucebnaroomTH:A-s134
Thákurova 7 (FSv-budova A)
NBFIT PC ucebna
- Time-table for summer semester 2019/2020:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Bc. Programme Informatics, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2020 (VO)
- Bc. Branch Security and Information Technology, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2020 (elective course)
- Bc. Branch Computer Science, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2020 (elective course)
- Bc. Branch Computer Engineering, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2020 (elective course)
- Bachelor Branch Information Systems and Management, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2020 (elective course)
- Bachelor Branch Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, Version 2015, 2016 and 2017 (elective course)
- Bachelor Branch WSI, Specialization Software Engineering, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2020 (elective course)
- Bachelor Branch, Specialization Web Engineering, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2020 (elective course)
- Bachelor Branch WSI, Specialization Computer Grafics, in Czech, Version 2015 to 2020 (compulsory course of the branch)
- Bachelor Branch Knowledge Engineering, in Czech, Version 2018 to 2020 (elective course)