- Department of Process Engineering
Design, principles and basic calculations of following equipment: pipes and pipe networks, packed and bubble columns, filters, settlers, centrifuges and cyclones, fluidized beds, mixing equipment, silos and conveyors, crushers and mills, granulators, extruders, injection and blow moulding machines, rolls and calenders.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction. Basic equations. Friction losses. Basic calculations of pipes.
2. Basis of pipe networks calculation.
3. Calculation of pipes with pumps. Packed beds and columns.
4. Bubble columns. Calculation of filters.
5. Cake and bed filters. Settling velocity calculation.
6. Settlers and classifiers. Flotators.
7. Sedimentation centrifuges.
8. Filtration centrifuges. Cyclones. Fluidized beds.
9. Mixing equipment.
10. Static mixers. Silos and hoppers.
11. Conveyors. Crushers and mills.
12. Granulators. Mixers. Extruders.
13. Injection and blow moulding machines. Rolls and calenders.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Calculations of pipe and pipe networks.
2. Calculation of pipes with pumps.
3. Design calculations of cake and bed filters.
4. Settling velocity calculation. Design calculations of settlers and classifiers.
5. Design calculations of centrifuges and cyclones.
6. Calculation equipments with fluidized beds.
7. Design calculations of mixing equipments.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
Rieger F., Novák V., Jirout T.: Hydromechanické procesy I a II. Skripta ČVUT
Geankopolis, C., J.: Transport Processes and Separation Process Principles. 4th edition. New Jersey: Publishing as Prentice Hall PTR, 2003.1026 p. ISBN 0-13-101367-X.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: