- Department of Manufacturing Technology
The aim of this course is to teach students the general procedures and activities used in planning the production of machine parts with an emphasis on the required quality and efficiency of production. The semi product may be a stamping, forging, casting or a weldment. The students have to design a sequence of operations, tools required, fixtures, material and machine tools; their task is to modify the shape according to the manufacturing technology, determine production allowances, conditions, manufacturing parameters and time. Finally they have to evaluate the costs and propose alternative manufacturing methods.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Assignment of the drawing of the part, quality specifications, number of pieces required and equipment of the working place.
2. Modification of the product design considering the method of production of the semi product.
3. Production plan for the semi-product.
4. Planning the production parameters, evaluation of the costs, calculations.
5. Proposal of the required tooling.
6. Evaluation of the product design considering machining operations.
7. Planning the operational sequence for the part or die.
8. Planning the necessary machine tools, equipment and gauges.
9. Calculation of time for machining operations.
10. Specification of manufacturing costs (direct and indirect).
11. Calculation of particular manufacturing costs, including setup costs.
12. Proposal of the process modification to decrease the costs.
13. Preparing a network diagram for the project.
14. Presentation and evaluation of the project.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: