Applied Queueing Theory
|AE8M32AQT||Z,ZK||6||3P + 1C|
- Předmět zajišťuje:
- katedra telekomunikační techniky
The aim of the course is to present an overlook of dimensioning of service systems in telecommunications networks on the basis of results of the queuing theory (QT). Introduce possibilities of simulation and modelling service systems and its networks both from the point of view of grade of service GoS and quality of service QoS. Results of the QT are applied on different service systems and telecommunication networks deploying and operating at time being. It is shown that models derived for telecommunications systems can be utilized for dimensioning of service systems in real life.
For successful study of the course are necessary basic knowledge of the theory probability, stochastic processes and statistic.
The Examination has two parts - written and oral:
- the written part consists of ten randomly selected questions, for each student individually,
- the oral part is focused on the discussion about the written preparation (if the written answer is not intelligible),
To pass the exam, it is necessary to successfully answer at least five questions out of ten (classification E).
Award grade requirements:
1) 100% presence in seminars and laboratories courses. Absence is necessary to ex-cuse (individually, by: phone, e-mail, SMS). The deadline is 72 hours. In the case of excuse missing two numerial examples will be given for numerical solution per seminar, solution of which must be submitted until at the date of assessement (5. 1. 2018).
2) Hand in and defending errorless project and the numerical results of examples.
- Osnova přednášek:
1. Application of queuing theory in telecommunications. Classification of service systems (SeSy), description and structure.
2. Flow of demands, characteristics, mathematical specification. Poisson flow, its nature and character.
3. Mathematical model of SeSy, assumptions of solution, probabilities of states derivation. Kendall's notation.
4. Parameters of SeSy. Traffic - lost and carried, blocking probability. Estimation of offered traffic. Traffic forecast methods, regression functions.
5. Models M/G/N/0 - specification, GoS parameters.
6. Telecommunication network (TN) dimensioning, traffic overflow, Wilkinson's equivalent method.
7. Models M/M/N/R - specification, GoS parameters. Dimensioning.
8. Models G/M/N, M/G/N and G/G/N. Application in UMTS networks.
9. Quality of service (QoS, GoS, NP). Dependability, availability and reliability of an item / network.
10. Modelling of SeSy and TN, application possibilities, limits of tools: MATLAB, SimEvents, OMNeT++.
11. SeSy with priorities. Application in data networks, realisations of queueing discipline (PQ, CQ, LLQ, FQ, WFQ).
12. Service systems - models and methods of overload protection.
13. Generalized Erlang's model, application in networks with packet switching, dimensioning.
14. Summary of the theory of loss SeSy and queuing SeSy for practical applications.
- Osnova cvičení:
1. Introduction to seminars. Input information on the project.
2. Lab.: Loss SeSy - dimensioning - models M/G/N/0.
3. Lab.: Application of G/M/N, M/G/N and G/G/N models in telecommunication networks.
4. Lab.: Dimensioning of no-priority SeSy with waiting, application of M/M/N/R model.
5. Lab.: Introduction to SimEvents simulator, simulation of M/M/N/R SeSy.
6. Lab.: Influence of queueing discipline (FIFO, WFQ, CQ, PQ) on QoS in a packet network.
7. Applications of generalized Erlang's model in dimensioning. Assignment of credits.
- Cíle studia:
The aim of the course is to present an overlook of dimensioning of telecommunications net-works on the basis of results of the queuing theory (QT). Acquired knowledge applied in individual project dimensioning of data network.
- Studijní materiály:
 Gross, D., Harris, C., M. Fundamentals of queuing theory. Third Edition. New York, London: J. Wiley and Sons, 1998. 439 p. ISBN 0-471-17083-6.
 Villy B. Iversen. Teletraffic Engineering and Network Planning. Geneva: ITC in cooperation with ITU-D SG2, May 2010. ftp://ftp.dei.polimi.it/users/Flaminio.Borgonovo/Teoria/teletraffic_Iversen.pdf, 623 p.
 Cooper R. B. Introduction to queueing theory. North Holland, 2nd edition,1981. 347 p. ISBN-13: 978-0444003799 http://www.cse.fau.edu/~bob/publications/IntroToQueueingTheory_Cooper.pdf
 Amir Ranjbar. CCNP ONT Official Exam Certification Guide. Cisco Press; Har/Cdr edition, 2007. 408 p. ISBN-10: 1587201763, ISBN-13: 978-1587201769.
- Další informace:
- Pro tento předmět se rozvrh nepřipravuje
- Předmět je součástí následujících studijních plánů:
- Open Electronic Systems - Communications and Signal Processing (povinný předmět oboru)